Tajfun started developing and manufacturing logging winches in 1979. They constantly update, upgrade and develop different winch types for different needs. The results of their long term development are:
* Reliable and easy hydraulic (Type AHK) or mechanical control (Type A ).
* Very simple and fast installation to tractor's three point mounting system.
* Robotic welded stable and robust construction, made of high quality steel, laser cut and powder coated.
* Sturdy drive line, each shaft with double bearings and double reduction gearing (winches from 10,000 lbs to 22,500 lbs).
* Highly efficient clutch activation, even with mechanical winches--short pull, low activation pressure.
* High efficiency and safety.
* Folding safety screen (for simplified transport)
* Tail hook holder
* Efficient wire cable winding--high distance between inlet pulley and center of the drum
* Large and stable pulleys
* Parallel shielded pulleys follow the pulling direction of the cable, even with maximum loads
* Recesses for hanging of chains
* Standard equipment, a removable trailer hitch witch is attached to a safe place on the frame when not in use
* Wedge shape of logging blade ensures safe anchoring
* Broad logging blade of high quality
* Chainsaw holder
* Adjustable Upper Coupling
* Coupling Holder
* P.T.O. Shaft Holder
* Two covered toolboxes, mounted above connecting beams
* Opening for Rope Installation
* Two folding support legs which ensure stability of the stand-alone winch
* Large and massive drum (high cable capacity) with high diameter drum core (low loss of pulling power, long cable lifetime)
* Optimal Drum Axle Dimensions
* Strong Drum Walls
* Wide Brakeband
* Quality SKF bearing
* High pulling power and lower load of components due to 3 or 5-plate clutch
* Thick Strengthened Drive Chain
* Some Assembly Required